Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
[SOLVED] How do I install the ml4 package? 
Yorick Padawan

Post [SOLVED] How do I install the ml4 package?
Hi.

I tried to install the ml4 plugin using the pkg_setup so I used all the defaults, and it created a configuration file. I'm not sure what to do with this configuration file in order to install the ml4 plugin. So I downloaded the tar file from maumae.net, extracted it, and it had these files:

Changelog check.i LICENSE Makefile ml4.c ml4.h ml4.i ml4.info ml4_start.i

Do I place the ml4.i and ml4_start.i in the i-start directory? I'm not sure what to do with the ml4.c or the ml4.h or ml4.info. When I run make, it gives me a library issue in /usr/bin/yorick. My yorick is installed at /opt/eaarl/yorick but I was curious if there was an automatic way to install this package?

I also tried to run Makepkg but it gave me quite a few command not found errors.

I found pkg_mngr.i, and opened it to find some useful functions. Since I already ran pkg_setup, I figured I could install ml4 by doing pkg_install,"ml4" but that failed because it could not find a info.html file in my yorick/packages/info.html. I started without a packages folder in my install due to my modified version of yorick (not modified by me) so I had to create a packages folder in order to get pkg_setup to create the setup file.

It seems like this ml4 plugin would be easier to install without pkg_mngr. What do you think?

Edit: Oops, I think I may have posted this in the wrong forum. I meant to put it into the plugin subforum.
Edit2: I edited the Makefile and change the first 5 variables, then I ran

sudo yorick -batch check.i; sudo make; sudo make check; sudo make install

and it said test2.mat OK. I guess I figured it out.

Thank you,
Ronak

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:55 am
Yorick Master

Post Re: [SOLVED] How do I install the ml4 package?
The incantation to install plugins is rather simple: run
Code:
yorick -batch make.i

in the plugin directory (the one you got untaring the plugin).
This should modify the Makefile to point to the correct yorick paths (what you have done manually).
then, a simple
Code:
make clean
make
[sudo] make install

will build and install the plugin files where they belong in your yorick install (use sudo if yorick is install system-wide somewhere else then in your home directory)

Another thing: don't overuse sudo. You only need to use it for the install step, in the case specified above.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]